PH: 02 9891 9388
Select Your Resource
Self Managed Superannuation Funds
Since 1 July 2016, advice about superannuation must be provided through an Australian Financial Services Licence.
In order to provide licensed advice to our clients, Robert Bates & Co has chosen to be authorised through the SMSF Advisers Network Pty Ltd – the Australian Financial Services Licence of the National Tax and Accountants’ Association Ltd. (NTAA).
The SMSF Advisers Network licence supports our practice for in providing advice on:
• Establishment of SMSFs
• Contribution strategies (amounts, types, withdrawal and recontribution)
• Pension strategies (account based and transition to retirement)
• Transfer of business real property into superannuation
• Withdrawals, commutations and death benefit payments
• Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements
• Provision of an asset class investment strategy (based on an assessment of your risk profile)
• Winding up of SMSFs
The person at this practice authorised by the SMSF Advisers Network to provide superannuation advice is:
Sharon Hewitt – click here to view her Financial Services Guide
If you have any questions in relation to your superannuation arrangements, please ask to make an appointment to speak to Sharon Hewitt.
The SMSF Advisers Network Pty Ltd is an Australian Financial Services Licensee, licence number 430062, and is a fully owned subsidiary of the NTAA.
The NTAA has been a leading provider of education for accountants for over 20 years, delivering specialist knowledge in taxation issues and Self Managed Superannuation Funds. Our practice is pleased to be a member of this association, and benefits from the education they provide.
SMSF Accounting & Administration
• Robert Bates & Co subscribes to specialist self managed superannuation fund software, Class Super, a software package which takes full advantage of integrating information from various financial institutions, and also SuperStream, the government initiative of electronic reporting and payment of superannuation contributions.
• As part of our service, we prepare the financial statements, income tax return, regulatory return and members statements.
• Transactions are processed through Class Super and we attend to the completion of annual trustee minutes and the review of the annual investment strategy where necessary.
• We attend to the completion of account based pension documentation including Transition to Retirement Income Stream (TRIS), where applicable, as well as an annual review to ensure minimum pension requirements are met.
• Furthermore, we forward your financial statements to our preferred auditor for the annual audit, removing the need for you to attend to engaging your own auditor.
• Sharon Hewitt, in her role as a registered SMSF auditor, also attends to the audit of many superannuation funds, from other accounting firms with whom we have a relationship.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
*Other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licencees
Copyright 2018 Robert Bates & Co. All rights reserved.