PH: 02 9891 9388
Select Your Resource
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY/YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
2. RBC is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), together with the Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) Scheme which applies on and after 22 February 2018.
4. Please note that if at any time RBC is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, RBC must cooperate fully.
What Sort of Information Does RBC Collect and Hold?
RBC collects information about you (the "Information") in several different ways:
1. We collect personal information about you when it is reasonably necessary for us to fulfil the obligations of client engagements.
2. RBC collects information when you engage us so that RBC may provide you with accounting and taxation services and SMSF limited financial services advice;
3. When you send RBC an e-mail, we collect the email address for future correspondence and update any contact details disclosed. We also use the contents of the email for preparation of your engagement.
4. RBC also collects and retains information provided by clients in person or via post.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
In order to administer the accounting and tax affairs of our clients, we are required to identify your tax lodgements with your name, date of birth, address and tax file number. If you choose not to disclose these details we will not be able to act as your tax agent.
Why and How Does RBC Collect The Information And How Is It Used By RBC ?
1. RBC collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to prepare financial statements, income tax returns, audit or company secretarial services.
2. RBC also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, see Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
3. RBC will also use your contact details to provide you with our newsletters and other information regarding products, services or organising and hosting training events from time to time.
To Whom Does RBC Disclose Your Personal Information?
1. RBC will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
2. RBC subscribes to and uses cloud based software for the provision of our services.
3. Where RBC provides accounting and taxation services to self-managed superannuation funds, actuarial certificates may be obtained and an external audit is prepared as part of the process. These services are provided by a third party, and RBC provides them the information required to complete the engagement.
4. When requested by our clients, RBC will provide requested information to third parties such as financial institutions, or legal advisers.
How Will RBC Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
RBC has organisational, technical and security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control. These security measures include:
1. RBC employs the services of a third party IT company, who attend to ensuring that our cyber security is in place.
2. RBC uses accounting software that requires two step authentication processes, in line with Australian Taxation Office Requirements.
3. RBC employment agreements contain confidentiality clauses.
4. We note that unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
RBC gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
1. You may gain access to Information that RBC has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
2. Clients can contact RBC by email to notify necessary corrections/updates to the information.
You may make a complaint about RBC's handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, by contacting the person named below.
RBC handles any complaints on a case by case basis in accordance with our complaints handling policy
How to Contact Us
Robert Bates & Co
PO Box 753
PARRAMATTA NSW 2124
02 9891 9388
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation
*Other than for the acts or omissions of financial services licencees
Copyright 2018 Robert Bates & Co. All rights reserved.